Come join us for EquiScholars Program at Great Heights Stable LLC in Berwick!
This is a unique activity based educational program that teaches students from all backgrounds to better understand not just the needs and behaviors of the horses, but also themselves. Our aim is to help shape students into future stewards of all domestic equines by building understanding. Based on positive, movement-based learning approaches, students develop creativity, problem-solving, as well as broaden their understanding of diversity while embracing the connectedness of all things.
This program has small groups of students working together to experience hands-on the different elements of each Module. As such, no horse experience is required. However, for even those already riding, or perhaps even owning horses that would like to increase their knowledge about these creatures to help increase their safety, ability to respond appropriately to the needs, and be more compassionate, this is a great program to incorporate.
Join us for Module 1: The Equine Senses
We will learn what these are and how they affect the behavior of our beloved horses. During the program, learners will work on activities from the EquiScholars Program to receive their Certificate of Completion, an EquiScholar Notch, and eligibility to move onto Module 2.
At the end of this camp or club, we will be munching on yummy snacks while we complete our final quiz!
EquiScholars is run in the form of: Clubs:run during the school year
1. Afterschool Clubs held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-4:30
2. Saturday Clubs: every Saturday from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Camps: run during holidays or summer vacation
1. Weekend 2 Day Camp: Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm each day
2. Holiday 4 Day Camp: Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
3. Summer Vacation 4 Week Camp: July 2022: 4 Week Camp - Monday through Thursday 9:00 - 3:00 each day August 2022: 4 Week Camp- Monday through Thursday 9:00 - 3:00 each day
Ages 7 +
To host an event (club or camp) there is a minimum of 3 participants to run any program.